Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that I have recommended. Please check out our disclosure policy for more details.
Looking for some productive things to do at home when bored? I created a list of things that you might like!
Stuck at home? Binge-watching Netflix? Don’t know what to do? I know the feeling! So I put together a list of 50+ productive things to do at home when bored that I hope can help you find something to do that you both enjoy and find useful!
I hope you like it!
I’ve divided them under 7 categories:
- Create productive & practical lists
- Simplify & declutter
- Get organized
- Plan, journal & create systems
- Learn new things, create routines & develop yourself
- Prepare for success & set goals
- Feel good – fun things to relax & decompress
Want to be extra productive while doing your tasks?
Always pick only one thing at a time you’d like or are going to do!
Multitasking different projects and tasks might just leave you overwhelmed.
When doing only one project at a time from start to finish you can feel that you accomplished something and if the project feels too overbearing and big, then create small “sub-projects” that you know are doable.
Don’t start a project where you’re going to declutter the entire house in a week. That can be your goal, but then divide that project into smaller projects and tasks.
And instead make a plan that on Monday you’ll declutter and organize your bills. And on Tuesday you’ll get rid of all the expired products and so on.
With that said, here’s the list of all the productive things to do at home when bored!
50+ Productive things to do at home when bored
Here’s some ideas of things you can do at home when feeling bored and wanting to be productive.
Create Productive & Practical Lists
1. Write down a list of friends you could call and then make plans when to contact them
2. Create a “master” grocery list of all the usual things you buy from the store. You can use this printable grocery list.
3. Write down your favorite recipes
4. Create boards on Pinterest and pin inspiring and interesting images – you can check out my Pinterest profile for inspiration
5. Write down all of your passwords (and keep them in a safe place!)
6. Write down a bucket list of things you want to do later
7. Write down a wish list of things you buy later
8. Make an inventory list of your pantry
9. Make a list of things that need to fix around the house
10. Make a list of freezer meals you could prep
11. Make an inventory list of your clothes & accessories
12. Research and write down your favorite quotes
13. Create playlists – for exercising, to feel good at home, energizing…
Simplify & Declutter
14. Declutter and organize your makeup and beauty products
15. Declutter your phone – remove the apps you don’t use
16. Declutter your Facebook – unfollow the groups that you don’t want to be part of anymore
17. Declutter and organize your email – try to achieve an empty inbox
18. Unsubscribe from the email lists you don’t want to be part of any longer – if you haven’t been reading the emails lately then unsubscribe from those lists. You can always re-subscribe if some point you feel like it.
19. Toss out expired products – go through the fridge, freezer, pantry, make up products, beauty products and anything else that has an expiration date
20. Clean and polish your shoes
21. Clean your phone and computer screens (plus keyboard, mouse etc.)
22. Fix broken things around the house – and toss out the ones that can’t be repaired
23. Sort and organize your digital photos – this might be a HUGE project so create mini-projects and tasks to tackle this one
24. Organize your bills and papers
25. Re-arrange furniture – this is my absolute favorite thing to do when I’m bored!
26. Start a capsule wardrobe
27. Scan & digitalize your papers and old documents
Plan, journal & create systems
29. Start bullet journaling – you don’t need anything fancy to start. Just a notebook and a pen will do. You can learn more about the original Bullet Journaling Method by Ryder Carrol from their site. And you can find my favorite planner & journaling products from my Amazon Store Front.
30. Put together a home management binder
31. Make a self-care weekly & monthly plan (and remember to execute it!)
Learn new things, create routines & develop yourself
35. Start studying a new language online
36. Write a letter to your future self
37. Write a letter to your past self
38. Watch TED talks
39. Listen to audiobooks
40. Start a new habit and track it – get a free printable habit tracker and check out 40+ ideas you can track
Prepare for success & set goals
Feel good – fun things to relax & decompress
52. Listen to guided relaxation from YouTube
53. Paint your nails
54. Practice hand lettering
55. Exercise at home
56. Start sharing bits and pieces of your life with Insta Stories – I’ve made some super cute Instagram Story templates you can use.
I hope you found something you’d like to do or got some inspiration out of this list of productive things to do at home when bored.
And if you haven’t already, then subscribe to my email list!
You’ll be the first one to know about all the new printables, templates and tips & tools that’ll help you simplify, plan, grow and succeed while feeling good about yourself.