This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure for more information.
Looking for some productive things to do at home when bored? I created a list of things that you might like!
Stuck at home? Binge-watching Netflix? Don’t know what to do? I know the feeling! So I put together a list of 50+ productive things to do at home when bored that I hope can help you find something to do that you both enjoy and find useful!
I hope you like it!
I’ve divided the things you can do at home when bored under these 7 categories:
- Create productive & practical lists
- Simplify & declutter
- Get organized
- Plan, journal & create systems
- Learn new things, create routines & develop yourself
- Prepare for success & set goals
- Feel good – fun things to relax & decompress
Want to be extra productive while doing your tasks?
Always pick only one thing at a time you’d like or are going to do!
Multitasking different projects and tasks might just leave you overwhelmed.
When doing only one project at a time from start to finish you can feel that you accomplished something and if the project feels too overbearing and big, then create small “sub-projects” that you know are doable.
Don’t start a project where you’re going to declutter the entire house in a week. That can be your goal, but then divide that project into smaller projects and tasks.
And instead make a plan that on Monday you’ll declutter and organize your bills. And on Tuesday you’ll get rid of all the expired products and so on.
With that said, here’s the list of all the productive things to do at home when bored!
50+ Productive things to do at home when bored
Here’s some ideas of things you can do at home when feeling bored and wanting to be productive.
Create Productive & Practical Lists
1. Write down a list of friends you could call and then make plans when to contact them
2. Create a “master” grocery list of all the usual things you buy from the store. You can use this printable grocery list.
3. Write down your favorite recipes
4. Create boards on Pinterest and pin inspiring and interesting images – you can check out my Pinterest profile for inspiration
5. Write down all of your passwords (and keep them in a safe place!)
6. Write down a bucket list of things you want to do later
7. Write down a wish list of things you buy later
8. Make an inventory list of your pantry
9. Make a list of things that need to fix around the house
10. Make a list of freezer meals you could prep
11. Make an inventory list of your clothes & accessories
12. Research and write down your favorite quotes
13. Create playlists – for exercising, to feel good at home, energizing…
Simplify & Declutter
14. Declutter and organize your makeup and beauty products
15. Declutter your phone – remove the apps you don’t use
16. Declutter your Facebook – unfollow the groups that you don’t want to be part of anymore
17. Declutter and organize your email – try to achieve an empty inbox
Want to declutter your whole house? Check out this post about How to create a smart decluttering action plan.
18. Unsubscribe from the email lists you don’t want to be part of any longer – if you haven’t been reading the emails lately then unsubscribe from those lists. You can always re-subscribe if some point you feel like it.
19. Toss out expired products – go through the fridge, freezer, pantry, make up products, beauty products and anything else that has an expiration date
20. Clean and polish your shoes
21. Clean your phone and computer screens (plus keyboard, mouse etc.)
22. Fix broken things around the house – and toss out the ones that can’t be repaired
23. Sort and organize your digital photos – this might be a HUGE project so create mini-projects and tasks to tackle this one
24. Organize your bills and papers
25. Re-arrange furniture – this is my absolute favorite thing to do when I’m bored!
26. Start a capsule wardrobe
27. Scan & digitalize your papers and old documents
Plan, journal & create systems
28. Make your own planner/calendar with printables – you can find a lot of pretty & practical planner printables from my other posts and from the SaturdayGift printables library
29. Start bullet journaling – you don’t need anything fancy to start. Just a notebook and a pen will do. And if you want to learn more about how to start bullet
30. Put together a home management binder
31. Make a self-care weekly & monthly plan (and remember to execute it!)
32. Start a gratitude journal
33. Print out a Wash Hands sign, frame it and place it in your bathroom.
34. Make a meal plan – and check out this post: Super Simple Meal Planning Method – How to Start Meal Planning. Or check out this post and print out your meal plan on Post-It Notes: How to print meal planning Post-it notes
35. Print out a WIFI password sign and add it to your home office or guest room.
36. Start using Trello to organize your digital world
Learn new things, create routines & develop yourself
37. Write a letter to your future self
38. Write a letter to your past self
39. Listen to audiobooks
41. Read a self-development book – Check out my all-time favorite personal development books from this post
42. Write down your evening routine
43. Write down your morning routine
44. Start studying a new language online
45. Watch TED talks
Prepare for success & set goals
46. Update your CV/resume
47. Update your LinkedIn profile – or create one!
49. Create a vision board. Cut images and words from magazines and newspapers and glue then on a board. Or use one of my super cute (& free!) printable vision board templates to create your dream board the easy way.
50. Do online courses
Feel good – fun things to relax & decompress
52. Listen to guided relaxation from YouTube
53. Paint your nails
54. Practice hand lettering
55. Exercise at home
56. Do at-home pedicure
58. Change your phone’s wallpaper. Grab one of these cute free wallpapers for your phone.
59. Start sharing bits and pieces of your life with Insta Stories – I’ve made some super cute Instagram Story templates you can use.
I hope you found something you’d like to do or got some inspiration out of this list of productive things to do at home when bored.
Want to remember this?
Pin this post – 50+ productive things to do at home when bored – to your favorite Pinterest board.